There has been a new twist to the fire outbreak at Korlebu Teaching Hospital as Head of Public Relations, Mustapha Salifu has denied reports that the Maternity Block caught fire.

Earlier today, it was heavily reported by Ghanaarticles.com that Children’s ward at the health facility has caught fire on Tuesday night.

According to him, one of the air-conditioner switches in one of the restrooms of the doctors emitted smoke which was detected by staff on duty around 9pm.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Nurses Evacuate New Born Babies As Fire Guts Korle Bu Babies Ward (Video)

”What happened was an air-conditioner switch in one of the restrooms of the doctors starting emitting smoke which was detected by staff on duty at round 9pm yesterday,” he said in a statement on Wednesday, 7th April.

“The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS).”

The PRO of Korlebu further noted tat the babies were moved to another wing of the same floor as a precautionary measure.

“We wish to state no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury.”

Mr Salifu said normal operations have resumed after an assessment by the Fire Service indicated that there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff.

“We wish to commend the staff on duty for their alertness and professionalism,” he added.

Swipe for more details

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNXMvIUJyqM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Source: Ghanaarticles.com

Hits: 52